Monday, January 10, 2011

知足, 常乐

went to hunt for CNY shirt yesterday.
but bought nothing.
either they're not my kind of style,
or they're too expensive for me to afford it.

So, ended up, bought nothing.

was a bit upset & moody
cuz, there's really no new clothing for CNY
this mood,
undoubtedly, affects not only me but also the people around me.

I kept silent on the way home.
Actz, just like he always do
tried to make some joke which,
at that very moment
i do NOT know how to appreciate.
it only irritates me.
i got angry
and it's his turn to keep silent.

Half way through the journey home,
I saw a malay house on the road side.
on the left of the house,
2 adults were sitting on a bench,
helping the other to cut her hair.
on the right of the house,
a top-naked child was looking for something
from the GARBAGE
with curiosity, i guess.
He puts on a smiling face,
when he found something.

This scene,
leads me back to what i saw on Saturday morning
when i accompanied my mom to the fish market.
A child,
also top-naked
slipping here and there in the fish market
bare footed.
when he stopped,
all under his foot were
dirty black fishy water.

He was very happy
though the place is smelly n dirty.

I started to think
why should i feel so down?
what's the big deal of not having new clothes for CNY?
I have other nice and "looking new" dresses in my wardrobe.
I mean, not that i have no pleasant clothing to wear, right?
I shouldn't be mad or unhappy.
that's not the right attitude.

at times,
we tend to "forget" or "ignore" how blissful we are.
AND
the more we have in our life, the more we felt lacked.

if we have nothing,
we would be happy with just a tiny little thing we could get,
even it is something which others no longer want.

I felt glad that I could realize this
fast enough
and didn't waste a few hours of my life
to feel the insufficiency
which in fact
i have a lot of things,
which others doesn't have.
and makes the people around me to suffer
for my bad mood.


p/s: see how happy the elephant is? 
it is just sitting under the waterfalls!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment