Thursday, November 12, 2009

Uncle Keith

I couldn't fall asleep.
Recalled my earlier conversation with mom who is currently in USA,
we're all missing Uncle Keith badly.

Just couldn't stop thinking of him.
Suddenly,
all the memories flooded up my mind.
the flashbacks haunted my thought.

I thought of a lot of things,
every bits of the time we'd spent with this..
kind-hearted, generous, happy-go-lucky man,
since yesterday.

I still remember,
when me and Amos were stil very young,
the first time Uncle Keith came to visit us in Tawau,
we spent alot of good time playing together.
By the time they need to get back to USA,
not knowing when wil be the next time for us to meet up again,
in case we'd grown up and looks different, 
Uncle Keith taught us our 'secret-hand-shake',
and he said that, with this secret-hand-shake,
we dun need to be afraid that he can't recognise us!

For he loves us so much,
he and aunt Evelyn make such a great effort,
throughtout all these years,
they'll come back to Tawau to pay us a visit every alternate year!
We did not take it for granted.
because we knew that,
it's not his obligation to accompany aunt Evelyn to come back to her hometown every alternate year..
but he loves her so much,
that he loves her niece and nephews,i.e. us, as well!!
For such a big man like him,
it's not easy nor convenient for him to take 27+hours' flight to come back to visit us so often!
we do appreciate it... we really do..
 

I'm always.. always proud of having Uncle Keith as my uncle..
when i was young, even now,
I wanted to invite him to my wedding when i grown up...
but i wasn't sure if he would be willing to fly all the way from the State to attend my wedding...
why would i have this thought?
cuz I think tat it's cool to have a guai lou who is so close with my family to attend my wedding..

He wont be willing to bring us around USA during our visit there on 2007!
such a 1 mth's close stay with him and aunt Evelyn really meant alot to our whole family.
He drove us around even when he's not feeling well,
spent time with our family instead of working hard on his job,
(he shows us life ain't all about working but family who cares for each other
we work for our livings... but not live to work!)

I thought he would have other things to worry about before his leaving to a better place....
until mom told me just now, that...
before he left,
he said to aunt Evelyn..
"do all that is necessary to help Cecilia's children to further their study... all that needs to be done.. help up.."
mom is right...
Uncle Keith loves us, in his special way.....
he remembers us,
just like a father remembers his children....

Thank you, my beloved Uncle Keith..



P/S: for me, it's like.. when there's aunt evelyn, thr'll be uncle keith's presence. never expect to lose him this early. for such a close couple who lives n loves each other so dearly,and for all these years uncle keith the closest person who stays with her in the State, makes her a home to stay, I'm very sure that aunt Evelyn is feeling much more than all of us do..
they love visiting places together. for all these years, there are thousand places they'd been to..TOGETHER.. and now, it left aunt Evelyn alone, for whatever she does, she's alone..
Mom said she cries real little... she's always tough.. not showing anyone her sadness. Yet, we all knew that deep down inside her heart, she's bleeding.
mom said she doesn't wanna move even an inch of Uncle Keith's stuff.. mayb she's not really ready to face the world alone yet...
despite going out to pay the bills, aunt Evelyn is not ready to do other stuff, yet.. she keeps asking mom to extend her stay in the State, i guess she really need someone to be there with her.
indeed,at the moment, it's really hard for her to be alone because, being free will make a person think alot..
“我不是一定要你回来,只是当独自走入人海,疲惫的身影不是我,不是你想看见的我。。+
只是越看见海阔天空,越遗憾没有你分享我的感动。。”

No comments:

Post a Comment