Sunday, February 15, 2009

I went to St. Andrew Church of Scotland this morning, which is only 2 minutes walk from my house. Noticed about this church few mths ago, and this is the first time i went there. Was attending Jesmond Parish Church previously.

It is a small church, with a small group of elderly. guess i'm the only young adult there. However, they are all friendly, and Margeret, a Singaporean lady came to talk to me after service. She was quite happy when she get to know that i'm from Malaysia, her neighbour-country. Yea...i have the same feeling as well. Somehow, in a foreign country, we will always be glad to see someone who is from our own or neighbour country. She can't speak mandarin, nor can she speak malay. Her husband, Cyril can speak MALAY though! the first thing he said was :"selamat tengah hari!"
i was kinda surprise. He was British Marine, protecting Sabah from Indonesia in the 19xx... which I was not even existed at that time. He told me Sabah was stil North Borneo that time. He'd been to Tawau, KK, Kalabakan, and etc. The church Minister, Dorothy... (the monotone speaker... oopss) was friendly as well.

The message delivered was kinda... i would say, reaffirm my believe. As if God really answering to what i'd told myself.. NO.. i mean.. GOD REALLY answer and affirm me of what i hold on all this while. Never will he leave us alone.

when i was flipping throught the bible, i came across this :
Psalm 77, start from verse 11

I call to mind the deeds of the Lord;
I recall your wonderful acts of old;
I reflect on all your works,
and consider what you have done.
Your way, God, is holy;
What god is as great as our God?



When i recall the mercy and grace of my Almighty God, i just couldn't deny what great things He had done to me, throughout my life till today, and the life of my family members.
what more can i say, other than Thank You, my heavenly father.

Stars of the night is the light that God has put for the darkness he made.
If he is in control even of the darkness, my life is just a tiny little matter for him to take charge of. If problems and hardships that He allows me to encounter, solutions will he give to me. I should really rely on these promises.

the calling of God is so strong lately. mayb there is something great that he's preparing me to go through. I still remember the prophecy of the lady in KK spoke of about me. "Like queen Esther, God wants you to fulfill something as great as he'd put for queen Esther. Read the book of Esther in detail."

"you're kidding me"this was my response. cuz what was in my mind was.. come on, in this era, what queen Esther did, was too great to be fulfilled now.

well, should just let the Lord to take over every deeds and thoughts of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment